Monday, August 10, 2009

TOKYO deux: sanrio puroland

The absolute reason why I went to visit Tokyo, believe it or not, is to go to Sanrio Puroland. I stumbled upon a random Flickr / Picasa site and was mesmerized by this place called Puroland. It looked like a Hello Kitty version of Disneyland! As you may or may not know, I'm REAL BIG on Hello Kitty. It's all part of a acutely exacerbated deprived childhood complex (which translates: I didn't get any when I was young but now that I can get some, I'm getting IT ALL *thundering laughter*) I believe. So anyways... I reserved day 2 for Hello Kitty lovin' and the wonder journey began with a...

... hearty breakfast that looks a little like this. Yeah jap fruits and veg are the bomb man. They're petite but still vege-cutes!! It's not just the people but even their produce are kawaii!! Why oh why isn't Malaysia this crazy cute??




Puroland is in Tama Centre: this place in the peripheral of Tokyo city, meaning offskirts. You got to take a couple of metros to get there. Of course I got lost on the train. You tell me-lah, how to travel when all the signs are in freakin katakana and hardly anyone speaks a freakin' word of English?? We went back and forth and back and forth an hour before arriving at the right stop and that is also 'cos after the hundred thousandth time of asking strangers, a really nice and hot basketball playing teenager literally guided us to the correct waiting place before returning to his side of the stop which is the other side! Oh Jap boys *swoon*

All misery forgotten once I got on this path. You literally see a chunkload of little people being ushered in by parents. It doesn't look like super Wonderland from the outside but it's much different inside. I was palpatating already!! It's like drug addict meets heroin heaven! OK-lah scrap that, it's like bag crazy meets Fendi sample sale!!


I'm not a great fan of Cinnamoroll but this is so cute!! I love this. I wanna bungkus it down my knickers and bring it home to my garden.


And now to the village! You can get a passport that allows you to go on all the rides (though I believe there's only 2 rides). I just got a regular JOY ticket that allows me to go on the boat ride 'cos we're being a lil' frugal here.


A giant snow-ice vending machine.


Yes I bought this and I'm not afraid to admit it. I wish I was 8 years old but I cannot turn back the hands of time. I can, though, tug at the end of the velcro snaps and force it around my neck of which I did and that made me feel like I was 8 again! I was the only 20-year old in the witch costume. Everyone else was below 10 years of age. So what?? F*ck 'em I'm a Hello Kitty witch-b*tch y'all!!

The Sanrio Character Boat Ride is a must go. Keke, see that cutie Puroland boat-girl peace-ing in on the fun.


(clockwise from top L: My Melody, Hello Kitty wedding, Little Twin Stars, Monkichi, Purin, more Hello Kitty) I was abit of a moron with the camera so excuse the quality of pictures. One thing I've got to warn you people is if you're like me who knows NUTS about Japanese... upon exit, around the area of goodbyes, remember to turn and face the side where all th locals are facing 'cos they would be taking a boat-ride picture then that you could later purchase at the shop. Mmmy and I were the only 2 dingdongs that nicely showed the back of our heads!!

There are many shopping spots located around the amusement park. This is Kitty's House shop. Regret not buying the Kitty ears.


We got hungry and I had a Hello Kitty pau at the Gourmet Bazaar. I was looking for Hello Kitty sushi but they didn't have any.


Hello Kitty was celebrating their 30th anniversary. Remarkable!


Drop by Kitty's House and even if you don't go in to get your picture taken, you can always take a stationary test-drive of her car! Wish it could go faster than 0 km/hr!



This is her house. I wish it was mine.

I so want a Hello Kitty credit card! Gimme gimme!!


I love this place!


My prized picture. Hello Kitty I love you. And you're definitely slimmer than I imagined. Am I the only FAT girl out here?? Even Hello Kitty's got a waist!


A festive Hello Kitty anniversary wreath.


Family picture!



I was contemplating for the longest time whether to get this padded yukata at Vivitix. I didn't in the end... ayo menyesal-lah now when I think of it. It's so cute and comfy. I coulda snuggle into it while watching E! with air-condition on full blast!

Last purchase before we left. I got myself a Kitty Daruma doll and some new year charms. We're supposed to colour 1 side of the bow while making a wish and then colour the other side when the wish comes true. Which reminds me, my wish did come true now so I gotta go colour up the rest of the bow.

Goodbye Puroland. I will be back. Either that or Harmonyland!! Woohoo...

On the metro ride home. Tired but so so happy.


Subway: Tama Station


2 comments:

Cindy Khor said...

this looks like a place where girls could go crazy because of its cutiness, how i wish i could go too, maybe i should ask my boyfriend to bring me there too..

shelbybaby said...

cindy: it's kawaii paradise. you most definitely should go!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...